St. Patrick’s Day is round the corner and here’s my submission to It’s a String Thing Challenge#187. A shamrock using the tangles Lucky, Cayke, and Rixty. It was fun and didn’t take me too long.
In hindsight, I should have used a black or white tile instead of the toned gray. That might have made it look a little brighter. No harm done though. There’s always a next time 🙂
I loved this week’s challenge (#306). The second I laid my eyes on Amphora, I knew what I wanted to do with it. I spent nearly 5 hours bringing my idea to life. I drew it in pencil first, then went over the whole thing with my micron and filled in the colours. After which I went right ahead and ruined it. Okay, maybe not ruined. But definitely spoilt. I added the dangles in the background and now I don’t quite like it. I can’t undo it. It’s way too much work to recreate it from scratch. So, I am going to have to live with it. But overall, I think it’s not too shabby.
I still want to do something to the body but can’t decide what. I have printed a few smaller versions of it to do a comparative analysis of all the possibilities. Once I make up my mind, I will update this post with an image of my final work. Maybe I am overthinking this. I mean, “comparative analysis”! Really?! But hey, that’s me. If I don’t overthink it, I wouldn’t be me. So, I’m going to go with my instincts and analyze the life out of this one. Hopefully at the end of it, common sense will prevail and I’ll decide to either leave it alone or keep it simple. We’ll just have to wait and watch…
This week’s challenge (#305) took me a while. I just couldn’t settle on any of my ideas. I somehow couldn’t visualize a way to make the two tangles work together in a way that would satisfy me. Anyway, long last, this is what I came up with. We were to use the Marasu and the Molygon in a duotangle. Honestly, I am not even sure if this qualifies.
I am still not a 100% satisfied. Not even close! I just might end up doing another version of this composition. Or I might try a whole different approach. Unfortunately I am, as always, trying to do too many things at a time and am not sure if I can squeeze some time out to work on this. I am still behind on my valentine’s day piece and hope to get to it soon. But until I manage to find the time, this will have to do!
Well, not yet but it will be around soon. At least in America!
Meanwhile I discovered Tickled to Tangle. I am kinda sorta tripping on Zentangle challenges right now coz I’m a novice tangler and these challenges help me push my boundaries, discover and learn new tangles, test my creativity, and I end up with at least one decent piece of art every week!
The other reason is that I don’t like spending money unnecessarily. My needs are minimal and I’m easy to please. I’m not one to indulge in retail therapy. I don’t understand it. But when I do want something for myself I scheme so that I can make Mr. Husband buy it for me. That way I don’t have to spoil my the-girl-who-doesn’t-like-to-shop reputation.
I’ve had my heart set on a zentangle album I saw at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago. It’s not very pricey but I couldn’t justify buying it because I haven’t really been churning out artwork at an astonishing rate or anything. In fact, far from it. But with these weekly challenges I will, hopefully, end up with at least one new tile every week. Soon I’ll be able to start dropping hints, mentioning the album every now and then, adding it to the Amazon cart and saving it for later, and leaving my tiles lying around for lack of a proper place to store them 😉 Mr. Husband always falls into that trap and soon I’ll be a proud owner of this.
For now here’s my tile for this week’s challenge – It’s a String Thing #186…
I know I missed the last challenge. I had lofty plans for that one, it being the week of Valentine’s Day and all. I just never got around to it since it also happened to be the week of my 35th birthday. I intend to though, hopefully soon. Meanwhile here’s my take on the Waybop – weekly challenge #304.
As promised, here’s a more traditional version of the Hamadox 🙂
I’m a procrastinating obsessive list-maker and one of the things at the very top of all my lists has consistently been to create more zentangles. Adding it to my lists was taken care of by the obsessive list -maker part of me. But when it came to actually seeing the plan through, the procrastinator part of me always got in the way. Luckily I stumbled upon the Diva Challenge recently. One zentangle challenge posted every Monday. Just what I needed to get going. So, without much ado, here’s my first one. Diva Challenge #302 : The Hamadox.
I do realise I went a little overboard with the abstraction of the Hamadox but, I kind of like what I ended up with.
That said, I do intend to try and create something more traditional and true to the original pattern. I plan on getting it done tomorrow. It’s way past my bed time now and I can barely keep my eyes open… But tomorrow will be a new day and I do hope that the procrastinator stays asleep longer than me.